Here are the essentials to bring with you:
- DL-14A: Application for Driver License or Identification Card
- Proof of identity and lawful US presence or citizenship: valid US passport OR your official birth certificate, social security card, and Texas ID card. Click the link for more examples.
- Your social security card: If you can’t find the original hardcopy card, you’ll need to order a new one. If you haven’t been issued a Social Security Number (SSN), you’ll need to fill out the Social Security Affidavit at the DPS office.
- Proof of Texas residency (bring two): deed, mortgage statement, valid and unexpired Texas voter registration card, utility bills, etc.
- Marriage license, divorce decree, or court ordered name change: Only if you’re using a name other than what’s on your birth certificate
- Proof of Texas vehicle registration and financial responsibility for each vehicle that you own (ex: car insurance) OR a statement saying that you do not own a motor vehicle (items 15 and 16 in the DL-14A form) – Your name does not need to be on the car insurance
- Certificate of Completion from Aceable: We email this to you. Your certificate will have a ‘P’ showing that you’ve already passed the written knowledge test in our course and don’t have to take it again at the DPS.
- $25 Application Fee
*For a printable list, click here.
Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?