Illinois Adult Drivers Ed

What do I bring to the Driver Services Facility for my permit or license?

  • $5 application fee (only applying for license)
  • $20 permit fee (if applying for permit first)
  • Certificate of Completion of Adult Drivers Education
  • The following identification documents:
    • 1 Proof of Written Signature (Group A Document)
      • Examples: Cancelled Check (within 90 days prior to application), Court Order, Credit or Debit Card (major brand), Driver Education Certificate, Government ID Card, Illinois ID Card, Military Service Record, Valid U.S. or Foreign Passport, or Social Security Card
    • 1 Proof of Legal Name & Date of Birth (Group B Document)
      • Must contain full legal name and date of birth on the document
      • Examples: Adoption Records, Birth Certificate, Court Order (Change of Birth Date), Certified Grade/High School/University Transcript, Illinois ID Card, Military Service Record, Naturalization Certificate, Passport, U.S. Passport Card, or U.S. Visa
    • 1 Proof of Social Security Number (Group C Document)
      • Must also contain full legal name on the document
      • Examples: Illinois ID Card Record, Military Service Record, Social Security Card (issued by Social Security Administration), or U.S. Military ID Card
    • 2 Proofs of Residency (Group D Document)
      • Any documents in groups A, B, or C that contain the full residence address may be used
      • Examples: Affidavit- Certificate of Residency (available only at a Driver Services Facility), Utility Bill, Pay Stub or Electronic Deposit Receipt, Bank Statement or Cancelled Check (dated within 90 days prior to application), Certified Grade/High School/College/University Transcript, Credit Report (issued by Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion and dated within 12 months of the application), Deed/Title, Mortgage, Rental/Lease Agreement, or Homeowner’s or Renter’s Insurance Policy


Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?

Did this answer your question?