Getting your Permit

What do I bring to the DDS to get my permit?

  1. The state of Georgia offers a fantastic resource that allows you to find out what documents you need to bring with you when you go to the CSC to get your permit/license. It will list all of the different options and combinations of documents and even show pictures of them! Check it out here.
  2. Don’t want to leave this page? Here is the checklist of what you need to get your permit!
    1. $10 to be paid by cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card
    2. Certificate of School Enrollment (DS-1) signed within the last 30 days
      • If not enrolled in school, must provide a high school diploma, GED, special diploma, certification of high school completion, or proof of enrollment in a GED program or post-secondary school.
      • If homeschooled, you’ll need to bring a Declaration of Intent, which can be found here.
    3. Secure ID Documents
      • An original document to prove who you are (birth certificate or passport)
      • Your social security card
      • 2 things to prove where you live
        • Example: Bank statement, gas, light, or water bill.


  • If Applicable:


    • If your name is not the same as your birth name, please bring a legal document with your name changed on it.
    • Immigration documents
      • If you have recently immigrated to the US, or are not a U.S. citizen, click here for more information about applying for a GA license.
    • Note: All documents must be in English!


Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?

Did this answer your question?

MAILED CERTIFICATE DELAY - Our main certificate fulfillment hub is closed until August 2, 2021, and certificates may be delayed due to this closure. Our team at backup facilities are working to get certificates shipped as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience during this time.