The state of Georgia offers a fantastic resource that allows you to find out what documents you need to bring with you when you go to the DDS to get your license. It will list all of the different options and combinations of documents and even show pictures of them! You can find the Build-Your-Own-Checklist here.
Don’t want to leave this page? Here is the checklist of what you need to get your permit!
You will need to be accompanied by a parent, guardian, responsible adult, or Authorized Driver Training Instructor. They will need to bring their ID and sign the application.
- If they are not your parent, they will need to sign a Responsible Adult Affidavit, provide their ID, and submit paperwork to show your relationship. If you will be bringing someone who is not your parent, please click here to review the requirements of documents you will need to bring.
Here’s what else you need to bring with you:
- $10 cash
- Aceable Certificate (if under 17)
- If applicable, certificate of completion from the school where you completed your 6 BTW hours
- At the testing center, the parent/guardian or responsible adult will sign a verification that the student completed 40 hours of supervised driving (16 & 17 year olds)
- Certificate of School Enrollment (DS-1) signed within the last 30 days
- If not enrolled in school, must provide a high school diploma, GED, special diploma, certification of high school completion, or proof of enrollment in a GED program or post-secondary school.
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP/eADAP) Certificate
Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?