Check out this handy infographic that lays out the 7 simple steps to Texas Parent Taught Drivers Ed.
- Make sure you have an eligible parent instructor by checking out these requirements.
- Order and receive your PTDE packet from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) – a required $20 fee for all parent taught students in the state of Texas, no matter what company you sign up for.
- Purchase Aceable’s Texas Parent Taught course and finish Level 1.
- Get your permit at the DPS – learn what you’ll need to bring and how to fill out your forms.
- Complete the rest of your Aceable course (Levels 2-12) and behind-the-wheel hours.
- Complete the Impact Texas Teen Drivers course (ITTD) on the DPS website.
- Get your license at the DPS – learn what you’ll need to bring and how to fill out your forms. Don’t forget to smile – you’ll be carrying around that driver license photo for a long time!
Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?