Pennsylvania Drivers Ed

What do I bring to PennDOT for my permit?

You’ll need to bring these items to the Driver License Center to get your permit:

The permit application fee includes the fee for getting your Junior Driver’s License. The breakdown is $5 for the Class C permit and $30.50 for the Class C Driver’s License.

Examples of acceptable proof of date of birth and proof of identification are listed on the second page of the Non-Commercial Learner’s Permit Application.

Proof of residency is not required if you are 16 and 17 years of age.

For your Non-Commercial Learner’s Permit Application, you will need to get a physical examination. Bring it to your physician and have them complete the Physician’s Report of Examination section. Your application can be completed no earlier than 6 months before your 16th birthday. It expires 1 year from the date of your physical examination.

Your Parent or Guardian Consent Form can be completed by your parent, guardian, person in loco parentis (who is 21 years of age or older) or spouse (who is 18 years of age or older). Whoever signs the form also needs to show proper ID when they come with to the Driver License Center. If their last name is different from yours, they will need to show verification of relationship somehow. If they cannot come with you to the Driver License Center, then you can have that person sign the form in front of a notary.

Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?

Did this answer your question?