Nevada Drivers Ed

I have a permit from another state and just moved to Nevada. What do I do?

If you just moved to Nevada, you’ll be able to switch your out-of-state permit or license with a Nevada permit or license as long as you can show proof that you completed drivers ed in the state you came from.

  1. Complete the Affidavit of Completion of Out-of-State Driver Education Course (Form DP-289) and present it to the DMV along with these documents.
  2. Pass the written and vision tests at the DMV!
  3. Complete 50 hours of behind-the-wheel practice and log with the Beginning Driver Experience Log or from the RoadReady app.
  4. Once you are done with everything and have had your Nevada permit for at least 6 months and are at least 16, head to the DMV to take your driving test. You’ll want to bring these items.

Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?

Did this answer your question?