- This course is required for Oklahoma teens who wish to get their permit prior to turning 16, and/or license prior to turning 16 ½.
- You may begin this course as early as 15 years old, but are not eligible to receive a permit until 15 ½. This course is not required for ages 16+.
- You must have at least one (up to four) eligible parent instructors to teach you, and you must have submitted and received back the PTDE Affidavit found in this packet.
In order to be a parent instructor, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Parent is the biological parent, adoptive parent, parent by marriage, or legal guardian (court appointed) of the student.
- Aunts, cousins, grandparents, etc. can’t serve as instructor unless they have legal/court paperwork showing they’re a legal guardian.
- Must have a valid driver license, which must be in their possession at all times while performing behind-the-wheel instruction.
- Must not have had their driving privilege & driving license suspended, canceled, revoked, or denied within the past twelve months.
- Must not have been convicted of possession or use of alcohol or drugs within past twelve months
- Must not have had administrative action for driving under the influence/while impaired (we can we provide official legal language/statute numbers around this)
- Must not reflect more than 5 point violations on their driving record.
Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?