Texas Parent Taught Drivers Ed (PTDE)

I am moving away from Texas. What do I do?

If you have a Texas permit and are moving to another state, you will need to go to the DMV in your new state to exchange your Texas permit for that state’s permit. Ask the DMV official there how to get a license and they will guide you on your next steps. It is different in every state!

If you got your license in Texas, you can simply exchange it for that state’s license. Check your state’s DMV website to see what items and documents they require you to bring. You will likely have to take a written exam, vision exam, and driving test as well.

Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?

Did this answer your question?

COVID-19 UPDATE: MAILED CERTIFICATE PROCESSING RESUMING 5/26 - The Aceable certificate Fulfillment Team has been abiding by the shelter in place order in Houston.  As of 5/26/20, our Certificate Team is no longer under Shelter-in-Place orders, and has been able to safely return to the office and resume certificate processing. There may still be delays as the team works through the backlog of certificates. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. For all Coronavirus Impact Updates, please click here.