Want to get your Mississippi driver license? Aceable’s Mississippi Permit Test Prep can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the Mississippi written knowledge exam.
Important: Drivers ed is NOT a requirement for getting a Mississippi driver license. Only applicants who wish to get a permit at age 14 must take an approved drivers ed course. Aceable’s Mississippi Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
HOW TO GET YOUR MISSISSIPPI DRIVER LICENSE (AGES 14-16)
- If you want to begin the licensing process at age 14, you must enroll in an approved drivers ed course. You can apply for a special Learner’s Permit that is only valid for practicing with a driving instructor.
- Head to your local DPS office. Bring the following: completed application with notarized signatures from both of your parents, your birth certificate, Social Security card, 2 forms of proof of Mississippi residency, and a Certification of School Attendance form that is less than 30 days old. Find examples of appropriate documents here.
- Pass the written knowledge test to get your Learner’s Permit. You must be at least 15 and pay the $7 license fee.
- Carry your Learners Permit for 12 months while you get behind-the-wheel practice with a parent, instructor, or other licensed driver who is 21 or older.
- Return to the DPS to take the driving skills test. Pass it and pay the $11 fee to get your Intermediate License.
- You can get a regular license with full driving privileges once you turn 18. Congrats!
HOW TO GET YOUR MISSISSIPPI DRIVER LICENSE (AGE 17 AND UP)
- Head to your local DPS office. Bring a completed application form, Social Security card, birth certificate, and 2 forms of proof of Mississippi residency. If you’re 17, you’ll also need to bring proof of school attendance. Find examples of acceptable documents here.
- Pass a written knowledge test.
- Pass a driving skills test to get your driver license. There will be a $24 license fee (or $9 if you’re 17). Freedom!