Woo-hoo! You’re almost ready to hit the road. If you’re under 18, you’ll need to meet these requirements in order to get your license:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Learner’s Permit held for 1 year and 1 day (must be surrendered at time of testing)
- Can’t have been convicted of any traffic violations that prohibit issuance of Class D license
- Must pass vision exam again
- You will need to be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or Authorized Driver Training Instructor. They will need to bring their ID and sign the application. If they are your legal guardian, they will also need to bring documentation showing that they are your legal guardian. If they are not your parent or guardian, they will need to sign a Responsible Adult Affidavit, provide their ID, and submit paperwork to show your relationship. You can read more about these requirements here.
- Completed ADAP or eADAP course
- If you are under 17, you must also have earned your Aceable Certificate of Completion.
- Optional: Complete Skip-a-Step
- Want to save time at the DDS? You can fill out the required online application form before your appointment.
- Completed applications are good for 30 days
Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?