You are eligible to take Aceable’s BDI course if:
- You are a driver who has a license or learner’s license and is at least 15 years old.
- You want to mask a ticket you received in Miami-Dade County and keep points off your driving record.
- You live in Miami-Dade County and want to take a BDI course for an insurance discount.
If you want to take the course to mask a ticket, you must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You receive a non-criminal moving or non-moving traffic violation that would result in points assessed to your driving record.
- Taking BDI would result in the violation showing as “adjudication withheld” on your driver record.
- You do not have a commercial driver license (CDL), regardless of the type of vehicle you were driving at the time of the violation
- You have not made an election to attend a BDI course in the preceding 12 months.
- You have made less than five elections in a lifetime.
- You were not cited for going 30 mph above posted speed limit
- You did not receive a citation for a criminal violation
- You did not receive a citation for tag, registration, driver license or P.I.P. insurance, tolls, and/or red light violations issued by a camera
BDI course is mandatory when cited for one of the following reasons:
- Electing to attend BDI school instead of having points assessed from a citation.
- Drivers who were cited for a crash in which they were found at fault, and resulted in anyone being transported to the hospital.
- Drivers with two crashes within a two year period, that resulted in property damage greater than $500
- Drivers convicted of one of the following in FL (or another state while they held a FL driver license):
- Passing a school bus when it displayed a stop signal
- Racing on a highway
- Highway Racing — spectator
- Reckless Driving
- Running a red light
If you do not meet the requirements, unfortunately we cannot report your BDI completion to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
Don’t meet this criteria, but already purchased?
- No problem, we are happy to provide you with a refund! Just fill out our quick refund form here.
Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?