The block method means that you complete all of the parent taught drivers ed classroom portion under Aceable first before getting your permit. Unfortunately, there is no way to set your course to the block method, but keep reading for the steps!
We generally suggest this for our 14-year-old students since you might have to wait quite some time before you are 15 to get your permit. The concurrent method is offered by default since most of our students are already at least 15 and can get their permit immediately after finishing Level 1.
Here’s how to do the block method:
- Complete Level 1 and pass the DPS written test.
- Ignore the DE-964 permit certificate that is emailed to you.
- Continue working on the rest of the course (Levels 2-12).
- Pass the final exam after the Level 12 assessment.
- We will email the DE-964 license certificate. Set that aside for when you go get your license.
- Contact Aceable to get your permit certificate from Step 2 updated to say “block” instead of “concurrent”.
- Get your permit!
- Work on your 44 hours of behind-the-wheel training.
- Hold your permit for at least 6 months – you also must be at least 16 years old too.
- Complete the Impact Texas Teen Drivers program.
- Pass your driving test and get your license!
Couldn’t Find the Answer You Were Searching For?