Want to get your Arizona driver’s license? Aceable’s Arizona Permit Test Prep can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the Arizona written knowledge exam.
Important: Drivers ed is NOT a requirement for getting an Arizona license. Applicants under the age of 18 must either complete a MVD-approved course OR have a parent certify that they completed 30 hours of supervised driving. Aceable’s Arizona Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
HOW TO GET YOUR ARIZONA DRIVER’S LICENSE (AGES 15-17)
- Gather up your paperwork to bring to the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) office. You’ll need to bring the following: proof of your identity and lawful presence in the U.S., Social Security card, and payment for the MVD’s $7 fee. Find examples of acceptable documents here. You’ll also need to have your application signed by your parent(s) or guardian in front of a notary or MVD agent.
- Get your Instruction Permit by passing a vision test and knowledge test at your local MVD office. You must be at least 15 and ½ years old.
- Carry your Instruction Permit for at least six months while you rack up 30 behind-the-wheel practice hours with your parent or other approved, licensed driver who is at least 21 years old. Make sure 10 of those hours are at night. Your driving supervisor will sign a form saying that you met the requirement.
- Optional step: Complete a MVD-approved drivers ed course. You can choose to take an official course OR have your parent certify that you completed 30 hours of supervised driving.
- Get ready for your road test! You must be at least 16 years old and have your parent or guardian with you. Gather all the documents you’ll need to bring: your permit, identification documents your brought for your permit application, certification that you completed either a drivers ed course OR 30 hours of supervised driving, and payment for the $25 fee.
- Pass the behind-the-wheel driving test to get your Graduated License.
- The restrictions placed on your Graduated License will be removed once you’ve had it for six months or when you turn 18, whichever comes first. You can keep using your Graduated License (with full privileges) until it expires, or you can trade it in for a regular Class D License.
HOW TO GET YOUR ARIZONA DRIVER’S LICENSE (AGE 18 AND UP)
- Get your paperwork together. You’ll need to bring these things to the MVD: application, proof of your identity, Social Security number, proof of lawful presence in the U.S, and payment for the $25 fee. Find examples of acceptable documents here.
- Visit your MVD office to take the vision, knowledge, and driving skills tests. You’ll need to pass all three to get your driver license.
- Aced the tests? Enjoy your new freedom!