If you haven’t gotten a receipt, it’s possible that you signed up with the wrong email. You can definitely contact our Customer Experience Heroes so we can look for your purchase and email you a receipt. If your email turns out to be incorrect, we can also fix that up for you.
The number one reason that this generally happens is when you purchase under a different email than the account it needs to be under. Contact our Customer Experience Heroes to get this fixed.
Sometimes, that might not be the reason, but either way, let us know and we’ll help you get this all sorted out.
First things to check:
- Have you double-checked and triple-checked that you have typed in your card or PayPal information correctly?
- Do you have enough funds in your account? (Check your bank account!)
If the page has trouble loading or is loading forever, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- If you are on Internet Explorer, we highly encourage you to switch to a different Internet browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Internet Explorer is extremely outdated software that is no longer maintained by Microsoft and causes issues like this to happen.
- Refresh your page.
- Hard-refresh your page by pressing Control+Shift+R (Windows) or Command+Shift+R (Mac).
If all else fails, you are 100% more than welcome to contact our Customer Experience Heroes to make your payment over the phone.
In most cases, you are eligible for a refund as long as you meet these conditions:
- You have requested a refund within 30 days of purchase.
- You have not completed the course and taken the course assessment.
- California Drivers Ed, Ohio Drivers Ed, Texas Instructor Taught Drivers Ed, and Texas Defensive Driving:
We have NOT mailed your certificate yet.
- Florida TLSAE and Illinois Adult Drivers Ed:
We have NOT filed your completion information online with the DMV.
- Texas Parent Taught Drivers Ed:
You have NOT used your certificates at the DPS office to obtain a permit and/or driver license. We will check with DPS to see if your certificate has been used.
We can definitely look into that for you! The reason you see multiple charges may either be that you bought the course more than once, you may have downloaded the wrong app and bought a course you don’t need, OR we have charged you for the course and then for expedited shipping that you selected at the end of the course.
If you accidentally bought more than once, contact our Customer Experience Heroes to get this taken care of!
If we’ve charged you for shipping and the certificate has been mailed out already, unfortunately, that cannot be refunded since the service has already been provided to you. But hey, you got your certificate pretty fast, right?
Not to worry. Aceable’s courses never expire, so you can get started or continue where you left off any time!
If you requested a driver record initially, realized you don’t need us to get one for you, and we have not processed your order yet, contact our Customer Experience Heroes for a refund. Unfortunately, if we’ve already mailed it to you, we are unable to refund it since the service has already been provided.
There are some situations where Aceable cannot issue refunds though due to state requirements that we can’t get around. Some states require you to repurchase the course if you fail a level assessment or a final course assessment after a certain number of attempts. You will need to contact our Customer Experience Heroes to start over.
Here are the courses that fall under this situation:
- Texas Defensive Driving
- If you fail the same level assessment three times, Texas requires you to start over from the beginning and repurchase. The passing score is 75% (must get at least 3 out of 4 questions right to pass).
- Texas Instructor Taught Drivers Ed
- If you fail the final exam three times, Texas requires you to start over from the beginning and repurchase. The passing score is 70% (must get at least 35 out of 50 questions right to pass).
- Florida Knowledge Exam
- If you fail the knowledge exam, you can retake it two more times, but you must repurchase for each retake. Alternatively, you can take the exam in person at the DMV for $10. The passing score is 80% (must get at least 40 out of 50 questions right to pass).
- Illinois Adult Drivers Ed
- If you fail the final exam two times, Illinois requires you to start over from the beginning and repurchase. The passing score is 75% (must get at least 15 out of 20 questions right to pass).
- Ohio Drivers Ed
- If you fail the final exam three times, Ohio requires you to start over from the beginning and repurchase. The passing score is 75% (must get at least 38 out of 50 questions right to pass). You must wait 24 hours between each retake.