First things first, we highly recommend that you switch to a different Internet browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Mac only). Internet Explorer is extremely outdated software which is why it is causing many of the issues you run into.
If something is acting funky while you’re going through the web course (video not playing, loading taking too long, etc.), chances are the problem can be fixed through a number of ways:
- Log out and log back into your Aceable account.
- Force refresh. Press Ctrl-Shift-R if you’re on a Windows computer. Press Command-Shift-R if you’re on a Mac computer.
- If the above solutions don’t work, try clearing out your browser’s cache. In everyday language, this means clearing out any temporary files you have stored in your browser so that your browser functions more efficiently. Below you’ll find directions for clearing the cache on Internet Explorer.
Clearing the Cache on Internet Explorer
- Once your browser is open, click the gear at the top right to open the settings menu. Then, select Safety and Delete Browsing History. You can also simply press Ctrl-Shift-Delete to open the Delete Browsing History window.
- Select Temporary Internet Files and Cookies. You will also need to uncheck all the other boxes, especially Preserve Favorites website data. This option makes the window also delete objects from websites in your Favorites folder, which is necessary to completely clear your cache.
- Click the Delete button near the bottom of the window to perform the operations (i.e. clear your cache by deleting temporary files).
- Your computer will work for a moment, and then the process will be complete. You’ve successfully cleared Internet Explorer 9’s Cache!
- Log into your Aceable account here.