Want to get your Connecticut driver license? Aceable’s Connecticut Permit Test Prep can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the Connecticut written knowledge exam.
Important: This is NOT a state-approved course. Connecticut license applicants under the age of 18 must take an approved classroom or home training course. New drivers age 18 or older must take an 8-hour Safe Driving Practices course. Aceable’s Connecticut Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
HOW TO GET YOUR CONNECTICUT DRIVER LICENSE (AGES 16-17)
- Take a state-approved drivers ed course. You can take either a classroom course (at your high school or a commercial driving school) or a home training course.
- Gather up your paperwork for the DMV. Get your consent form (Affidavit of Liability and Guardianship) signed by your parent or guardian. You’ll also need to bring certified documents proving your identity, proof of your Social Security number, drivers ed completion certificate (if you’re 15), and proof of your Colorado address. Find examples of acceptable documents here. Bring a check, cash, or a credit card for the DMV permit fee ($16.80).
- Get your Learner’s Permit by passing a vision test and knowledge test at your local DMV office.
- Carry your Learner’s Permit for 120-180 days while you rack up 50 behind-the-wheel practice hours with your parent or other licensed adult who is 21 or older. Make sure 10 of those hours are at night.
- Schedule your road test ahead of time. Gather all the documents you’ll need to bring: your valid permit, completed and signed drive time log, proof of training with a driving instructor (if applicable), the parent or guardian certification form, proof of your Social Security number and Colorado residency, payment for the fee, and a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
- Pass the road skills test to get your License. This allows you to drive without supervision.
- Keep your Minor License until you turn 21 years old. At this point, bring your Minor License and ID documents to any DMV office to upgrade to a regular driver license. Curfews and passenger restrictions will be lifted. Congrats!
HOW TO GET YOUR CONNECTICUT DRIVER LICENSE (AGES 18 AND UP)
- Take an 8-hour Safe Driving Practices course and receive your proof of completion (form CS-1).
- Get your Adult Learner’s Permit by passing a vision test and knowledge test at your local DMV office. You’ll need to bring proof of your identity, Social Security number, and current Colorado address. Find examples of acceptable documents here.
- Carry your permit for at least 90 days while you practice driving under the supervision of a licensed adult.
- Schedule and pass the driving skills test and pay the DMV fee to get your driver license. Freedom!